Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Okay, okay I admit it

I'm going to jump right into this story. And by the way, please give me some feedback. The last comment I have came 3 weeks ago from some St.Louis Cardinal fan, whose blog I had posted on. She was cute in the picture I saw so I had to post...

Two of my favorite sports are pro wrestling and hockey. Now if you aren't giggling, sighing, or shaking your head, this is good. So I'm on the Ring of Honor message boards and this guy (Boondock Saint) has a thread going. He has a fantasy hockey team and he wants to give his team an ROH themed name. He promised a prize to the winner. I thought for about 30 seconds and then the name hit me.

I thought to myself the one thing about hockey that even non-hockey fans love is the Zamboni. There are people who would rather watch this machine with beer ads on it resurface the ice between periods than take a photo with the Stanley Cup, the best trophy in all of sports. So I figured I should do something with the zamboni, since I figured others would try to use it also.

And then in my mind, I began running through the list of Ring of Honor wrestlers and one name stuck. Claudio Castagnoli (pronounced Cast-ag-noll-ee). He's a rich, Swiss mid-card guy who wrestles more of a technical style. He's well known for saying "Heyyy!" kind of like an old Italian family. His finisher, the Ricola Bomb takes its name from Ricola, the famous Swiss cough drop.

And so I combined the two: Claudio Cast-zamboni

The feedback has been incredible. These are actual quotes from other board members, who don't exactly give out praise too easily.

"Winner."
"I'm done. Give it to Claudio Cast-Zamboni."
"Crap, I should learn to read. I say go with Cast-zamboni."
"Claudio Cast-Zamboni... Easy."
"I'm a huge fan of the Superteam of Honor name there, but due to how creative another is, I'll go with: Claudio Cast-Zamboni. Genius right there."
And my favorite:
"Give that man the $10,000!" to which I wrote "I'll take cash or certified check."

Now BD Saint took the top 5 names, which mine is one of, and said the most votes for each one would determine the winner. The other nominees are Team Ghana (after the Embassy faction (Lame!)), CM Pucks (reference to CM Punk (Good one)), Superteam of Honor (named after a famous show (so-so), and Second City Skates (reference to the Second City Saints faction (I like this)). And said he would make a decision by Tuesday midnight and the winner would get a free ROH DVD. It's already Wednesday noon.

The voting as of 12 pm Wednesday is:
Cast-zamboni-5 votes
Team Ghana- 2 votes
Second City Skates-1 vote
Superteam of Honor-1 vote
CM Pucks-1 vote

Hey Boondock Saint, I'm waiting for my DVD! I'll take Joe vs Kobashi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute was she? Where can we see the picture?