Thursday, October 19, 2006

Game Seven!

John Maine and Paul LoDuca get the game balls for last night's win. Incredible job by both. Jose Reyes is getting on base too. Shawn Green hit a little bit. But Billy Wagner, you are coming too close to the edge. I'm only 25, but my heart can't take that kind of suspense. I'm going to have to buy Zantac. In case you didn't know, prior to the 6th game, in typical Willie Randolph fashion, he gave his players their standard travel itinerary package for the weekend.

The title of the document: Detroit.

I love his confidence. And so it comes down to Game Seven. It doesn't get better or more dramatic than this. One game for the chance to go to the World Series. Mets. Cardinals. Northeast. Midwest. New York. St. Louis. Willie. LaRussa.

I have the night off from work, and I'm planning to stay home and tape it. Fortunately, Mom is in Wilmette right now so I can yell as soon as Oliver Perez gives up his first hit. I think we can win, as I can't expect Jeff Suppan to do as well as he did last time in Game 3. But he can handle a Game 7, he did it 2 years ago against Houston. Oliver, well, who knows. He's going on three days rest and he is very very erratic. All I want is to be within a run and the Cards pen in by the end of the sixth inning. If we can keep it close, we'll win. I think St. Louis needs to score early to have a realistic chance. And I think this is the time for David Wright to come through in a big spot in this series.

Prediction: Mets 6, Cards 4. Onto Detroit!

No comments: