Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Random musings

I think everyone who has ever written a blog has a post with the word random in it. So it's my turn. Here are ten Tuesday tokens of thought. Nice alliteration there huh?

1) Meijer (one of those Target/Wal Mart stores) makes a great pasta sauce. Meijer Gold it's called. It was 5 bucks nad my mom used it on stuffed pasta shells, which she made last night. I have to admit, for a store brand, that was an excellent sauce. The consistency was smooth, it tasted light, but not wimpy. It was well seasoned with herbs and garlic too. There are some great sauces out there, but this was up there with the better ones I've had.

2) More food stuff. If you live anywhere near a Fresh Market grocery store, by the end of today, go there, and buy a pumpkin pie. This is the absolute best pumpkin pie I've ever had and it is so flavorful and satisfying, you don't really need whipped cream for it. I recommend sprinkling a little cinnamon/sugar on top for an extra kick.

3) Neil Rackers is the worst clutch kicker inthe NFL since Mike Vanderjagt.

4) Steve Trachsel has no place pitching for the Mets ever again.

5) I'm driving my mom's car and I have to say the stereo is weird. On certain songs, high sounds just don't come through. Like a high-toned guitar or piano just barely comes through the speaker. I don't know if it's the stereo or the speakers, but I may look into it. Then again, I need to replace the timing belt and change the oil by next week, so that may be all the money I can put into that car for the forseeable future.

6) I'm getting obsessed with Youtube. Those Comedy Central roasts of Pamela Anderson, William Shatner, and Jeff Foxworthy are downright hysterical.

7) Conan O'Brien will take over the Tonight Show in three years. One word: horrifying. I'm sorry, the guy is just not funny. The only funny things on his show are the "If They Mated" segment and the conversations he has with celebrity impersonators. His monologue is short and bad and he can't interview either.

8) Mike Tyson is going on a world tour of boxing where he will fight exhibition matches. He said he would be open to fighting women. Funny, the last time Tyson fought a woman in public, he wound up going to jail for4 years on rape charges.

9) Kevin Federline shows up on WWE Raw last night? I mean, at least he got beat up, but is that the A-list celebrity that was promised? Brittney Spears' talentless, lazy husband? No wonder I've been buying ROH DVD's instead.

10) OK, and that will segue smoothly to this. I'm not really a huge risk taker. But here's a thought. I caam unable to sell my Ring of Honor ticket for October 28, the same weekend as the Ecclesia retreat in Wisconsin. Could I leave the retreat about midway through (say Saturday around 5 p.m.), drive from Lake Geneva to Chicago Ridge and see Ring of Honor and drive back the same night? It would be a lot easier if there were 250 people on this retreat instead of 40-ish. Unfortunately, when I leave a group for a period of time, I've learned that they notice that I'm gone. People are too darned observant!

No comments: