Monday, October 23, 2006

OK, I'm calm

Maybe from now on I shouldn't post in the heat of pure misery. Retreat to Lake Geneva is comng up Friday. It will definitely be good to get away from everything out here for a few days. I'll have to stop at Popeye's on the lake and bring home some broccoli cheddar soup. It's even better than the Soup Nazi could make.

I'm now done with training and on the floor at work and a lot is still kind of up in the air. My team lead, Bradlee, seems like a fair guy who is pretty specific about what he wants from all of us. What I liked his that he said if we are making the necessary progress and doing the work well enough, he will not hesitate to hire us permanently. That's great news for me.

But the guy training me yesterday, Dan, well, that's a different story. He's been working here for a year almost, but he was not on his game. He spent a lot of time on IM or just complaining about the schools and people who had fouled everything up for him. I learned very very little from him over 5 or 6 hours. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for one day, but today, we had better get something accomplished. I won't let his being in a bad mood hinder my progress.

Turned out my car insurance is 1000 dollars less than what I thought it was going to be. I'd better read those dates better. I saw 800 dollars and thought it was a quarterly payment when it was actually bi-annually. That's some good news.

Giants and Jets win. Good deal. Knicks start in a week. Sure, they'll be a fast paced energetic offense. But this may be the worst defensive team in NBA history. Isiah Thomas, you've got full control. Now prove yourself.

No comments: