Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A few minutes open up

Not a very busy morning here at CEC so I have a few things on my mind right now.
Actually, more than a few.

1) My mom just got a new car yesterday. It's a 2 year old black Honda Accord with the navigation system, leather interior, and best of all, XM radio. I got to drive the car for 5 minutes when we went to the dealership to drop off the car we had been borrowing. Man, XM puts regular radio to absolute shame. I like DJ's and all, but with these stations out here, I am tired of hearing the same songs over and over. Anything by KC and the Sunshine Band in particular. Play by play of almost any sport, local news stations from all over America. I guess I have to be really nice to her now...

2) Jets barely bother to show up in Cleveland. Giants win again. This week Houston, week after that, on national television, Chicago. Oh dear God, please let either the Giants or Jets break the Bears winning streak!

3) Won three more matches in volleyball and I put every serve in play. I even nailed a couple of clean kills (spikes) which I don't think I've done all season. I think we're basically neck and neck with another team for second place. One team is undefeated and they look almost impossible to beat right now. But you never know. We have one match against each team left in the league and we're (Lazer) going to be in the second/third place semifinal, so these matches are about building unity and smoothing out our rough spots (i.e. communication on the court, staying in position, service receving, etc.)

4) Knicks start tomorrow night in Memphis. Out of 82 games, I pick the Knicks will hold their opponent to under 100 points a ttoal of 18 times. I'll give them 30 wins.

5) My college gets wiped out in fall playoff action. Field hockey gets upset in the first round, volleyball can beat everyone in conference but Endicott, tennis out in the semis, cross country does ok, but still can't beat Roger Williams, the only hope I have is us beating those evil Gulls in the first round in men's soccer. And as disappointing as this year has been for Gordon so far, I'm not too optimistic. But our men's basketball team opens the season ranked 24th in the country! Considering where the team was when I arrived, that's a great accomplishment. So here's a message to Coach Mike Schauer, other coaches, fans, and players. This year, let's finally win that first CCC title!

6) Armand's in St. Charles and Elmhurst makes pretty good pizza. I don't know about great, but it'll do.

7) Halloween is here, to which I say big deal. Don't like candy, haven't dressed up in years, and live in a neighborhood where kids don't trick or treat.

8) I wonder if any Jason movies are on tonight...

9) Greg, James, as of December 9th, I welcome you both to Ring of Honor....

No comments: