Thursday, December 09, 2004

Fantasy football scouting.

Well it's the last week of the regular season in my fantasy football league and my team, Bind Shock, is where else, but on top. 5 of the 10 teams still have a shot at the 4-team championship tournament. Here are the current standings.

Pl. Team W-L-T Pct. Total points
1* Blind Shock 9-3-1 .731 894
2* Violent Femes 9-4-0 .692 916
3 Dane 7-4-2 .615 852
4 ninerfaith181 8-5-0 .615 827
5 bombers 7-5-1 .577 885

Total points are used as tiebreaker when 2 teams are tied with the same winning percentage.

Now I play bombers this week, V.F. plays Dane and niner plays Futures, the 7th place team. Last time I played bombers, they killed me by about 40 points thanks to David Carr and Andre Johnson torching the Vikings. Philly had a bye that week so he didn't have Donovan McNabb and I didn't have T.O. or my top defensive team. Plus I've replaced Amos Zeroue and Emmitt Smith at running back with Julius Jones and Onterrio Smith. So I think things will be different this week.

Here's my starting lineup for this week.

QB T. Green (KC - QB) @Ten WR T. Owens (Phi - WR) @Was
WR D. Branch (NE - WR) Cin WR M. Clayton (TB - WR) @SD
RB C. Martin (NYJ - RB) @Pit RB J. Jones (Dal - RB) NO
TE T. Heap (Bal - TE) NYG K M. Vanderjagt (Ind - K) @Hou
DEF Philadelphia (Phi - DEF) @Was

As of now, here's the bombers lineup.

QB D. McNabb (Phi - QB) @Was WR Andre Johnson (Hou - WR) Ind
WR Lee Evans (Buf - WR) Cle WR D. Jackson (Sea - WR) @Min
RB F. Taylor (Jac - RB) Chi RB C. Brown (Ten - RB) KC
TE D. Graham (NE - TE) Cin K D. Akers (Phi - K) @Was
DEF New England (NE - DEF)

Pretty tough lineup. I'd rather see him play McNabb aginst Washington than Carr against Indy. I think this will be a tough one for me to win, but I'd rather lose this week and win the next 2.

Now let's look at other possible first round opponents.
9er looks like a decent team on paper, yet 2 of my 3 losses have been to them. QB's Jake Delhomme, Jake Plummer RB's Clinton Portis, Shaun Alexander, Jamal Lewis, Nate Goings WR's Chad Johnson, Donald Driver, Nate Burleson, TE Randy McMichael K Shayne Graham, Pittsburgh defense. Excellent running backs and defense, eveything else is average. Somehow he's edged me twice. I'd love to face him one more time.

Dane looks ok. Beat them in a high scoring game earlier 83-72. He has 2 Colts, Reggie Wayne and Edgerrin James, so they'll get a touchdown each week. Antonio Gates has had a monster season. Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn have been OK. Rudi Johnson and Deuce McAllister are both really good. Tennessee and Miami are not great fantasy defenses. He'll put some points on the board, but he'll probably have a dud in there each week.

Femes is my rival for first place in the reg. season. First of all, she has the New York Giant defense, which by now is an automatic zero or negative points. Tiki Barber has been great, to this point at least. Randy Moss is just getting back. Tomlinson is great. Drew Brees and the now-injured Marc Bulger are QB's. Patten, Muhammed, and Drew Bennett are really hit-or-miss wide receivers. For some reason, she has Emmitt Smith even after he got hurt. Go figure. I can't see this team getting past the first round.

Well, there you have it. Let's see what happens. And go Jets!!!

No comments: