Saturday, December 04, 2004

Random happenings

Time for my shopping tip. Now I'm sure you don't expect shopping tips coming from me. Go to Kohl's. This morn, mom and I brought 2 dress shirts, lounge pants, a blender, 2 scented candles (ruining my usual X-mas gift idea), a teddy bear, a baby outfit, a bedspread, and bed sheets. We only spent $250. Mom brought coffee with her and as we were checking out she set the mug down on the table. The cashier picked it up and tried to scan it, and coffee spilled everywhere. Apparently, she thought we were paying for it.

Had a weird incident at CPK yesterday. With the people I'm around, that takes some real weirdness. Here's what happened. I'm running my tables and my manager points me to a table out of my section. She says those 2 ladies want to talk to me about my braided hair. Now I'm immediately thinking, "Stalkers!" I went over and as it turned out, I was right. This one woman, about 50, said she was an artist and loved my face. My beard, braids, the shape of my face. Her quote was "I want to try to decorate you." With those words, I'm just looking for a way out. I'm listening, smiling along, and sayong things like "Really?" "Wow" "Thanks for the compliment." Whatever I could say to act like I was interested and grateful, but trying to get out of there and back to work. It was quite flattering though. Odd, but flattering.

Well, my last volleyball game is tomorrow. We're not making the playoffs. I missed last week, so my guess is we got hammered. Hopefully we can at least win 1 of the 3 games and go out on a good note going into next season.

To IDR: Hope we see each other again soon. I'm so thankful for your spirit and your faith in me. It means a lot.
To BG: Would you mind taking Felix Heredia off the Mets? Pleeeeease?
To RWB: Norman! Tied for 9th going into the final round. And Carlito is Koo-ell. See you in less than 3 weeks...

No comments: