Friday, December 10, 2004

Free agents signing

First of all congrats again to Brother Geddes. His White Sox have Jermaine Dye and Dustin Hermanson. Good, good start for them.

Pedro is all but headed back to Boston. Fine. He's not worth 4 guaranteed years in my opinion. According to Peter Gammons on WFAN, once the Pedro signing becomes official, Mr. "Full Autonomy"/Omar Minaya will change his direction, look at offensive players, and sign Richie Sexson and Moises Alou this weekend. Man oh man.

How about balancing that money on Sexson and another starting pitcher? Come on Omar. Lie to me. Are you afraid of Beltran, Ordonez, and Drew because Scott Boras represents all of them? Lie to me please. At least tell me you're trying to go after the top dog in the pound. Here's the rule of thumb. A Cub outfielder is a bad outfielder. Todd Hollandsworth is about the only outfielder from that team I might want on my team.

Quote of the day. Don King on the Rumble in the Jungle fight between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman. "It was a rumble in the jungle because...it was in the jungle. And it was going to be a rumble." Ohhhh. Now I get it.

No comments: