Friday, December 03, 2004

The truth shall set you free?

I'll keep my thoughts on this quick. I'm tired of hearing about steroids and athletes. Jason Giambi admits to taking steroids and he's basically an outlaw. And if you're actually surprised that he admitted he took growth hormone, well, that's your stupidity. Barry Bonds is still one of the greatest baseball players ever, with or without 'roids. He's probably taken a few "vitamins" of some kind. I don't know. But when he breaks Hank Aaron's record, it's wrong to put an asterisk next to his name. Is all this some sort of shock to baseball fans? Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa could have taken a test every day from 1997-2004, passed them all, and people would have still been skeptical. Track star Florence Griffith-Joyner passed every test and people still don't believe. I just don't care.

Mike Stanton for Felix Heredia? Why do we need Heredia. Righties batted .333 off him last year. Again, I believe the goal of Omar "Full Autonomy" Minaya is to have an all-Hispanic baseball team.

Well, 2 weeks left in fantasy football regular season. I'm 1/2 game out of first place and just need a win to guarantee a spot in the top 4 and a berth in the championship bracket of the playoffs. Both my QB's Green and Pennington are hurt, so hopefully one can play. Updates coming on Tuesday. Off to work I go. Later.

No comments: