Thursday, December 30, 2004

no title

After 2 crazy days back at work, I basically have nothing going on today. The new cell is 630-618-7718. I like the 18's on the end of each set of numbers, you know?

The Cubs are pursuing Magglio Ordonez provided they can trade Prima Donna Sosa. Staying in the NL Central, the Cardinals are planning to sign my favorite ballplayer since Mo Vaughn, the great Roberto Alomar. Let's see. They've gone from a middle infield of Tony Womack, Marlon Anderson, and Edgar Renteria to David Eckstein, Alomar, and Hector Luna. Uggh. At least they still have Pujols, Walker, Rolen, and Edmonds. Then again, they still have the lovely Roger Cedeno.

Well my Flushers have signed the lovely Chris Woodward. They're hoping he'll be the backup for Jose Reyes. I guess that hurts Danny Garcia's chances to make the club. Shame too. That kid can play.

Good win by the Knicks as they knock off the T-Wolves last night. That team is something else. Look at their "New York Jet-like performances" against Dallas and Boston, and look at their last 2 wins against Orlando and Minnesota. It's frustrating. You just never know what you'll get from this team from one game to the next. And that responsibility goes straight to the head coach. Period. End of sentence. Also, when Jamal Crawford comes back how does this team plan playing time at the guard position. Marbury, Houston, Crawford, Norris, and Penny Hardaway, who has said he wants more playing time when he comes back from the injured list. Good luck Lenny. The team is getting a little better and a little better, but they have to play defense. And if it sounds like I'm repeating myself from other posts, it's because I am. I am.

In my CD player: Ray (The Soundtrack). Check out the live version of "You Don't Know Me." If the rawness and soul of that performance doesn't hit you, you should check your pulse.

And I'm gonna start reading Friday Night Lights, a book about Texas high school football. I'll have a review eventually. That's all I've got to say about that.

No comments: