Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Confession time

I admit it. I taped American Idol last night. I watched it because I compare myself with these other Sinatras and Arethas and realize how good of a singer I actually am. After I got back from work around 11:30, I watched it and laughed my you know what off. Oh my goodness. I can't put it into words what I saw from some of these people. The best was this one guy Aven, who let out the longest, ugliest note I've ever heard.

Onto the Mets. No, I would not trade Mike Cameron for Eric Byrnes and Chad Bradford. Bradford is nice, and who doesn't love to watch a submariner pitch, but Byrnes isn't the kind of player we need in this lineup. We have enough top of the order guys already. As I've said over and over, we need an RBI bat. We still don't have it, unless Piazza or Floyd fight off Father Time. Of course, I still want Magglio Ordonez, but right now there's no room in the outfield. I think the Mets are probably done with marquee free agents and will get another bullpen guy to bring in. Oh that's right. They got ROBERTO HERNANDEZ! For the least 2 years, he was the one guy on Atlanta and Philly I was praying would come into the game because I knew the Mets would score. Man, Hernandez, Galaragga, and the whole 40-something minority crew! Ah well. Keep good faith, my peeps.




No comments: