Thursday, January 13, 2005

Stories...

I'm working at CPK, hanging out in the server station and the stereo is playing. A song by by Sheryl Crow comes on. A few people "sing" along, "Baby I know the first cut is the deepest." And I let out one of my classic observation lines: "So does John Bobbitt." The other 2 guys near me burst out laughing. One girl, who I refer to as the manager's pet, asks us out loud, "Who's John Bobbitt?" We don't know if she's serious. She asks "Are you guys putting me on? Who is he? Did he used to work here?" At that point, I lost it. I couldn't stop laughing. I just said, "He's a guy who really didn't have it altogether." Sometimes I even make myself giggle. It's nice to have someone doing it.

CPK knows how to make lettuce wraps. Spicy, low-carb, and cheaper than a cheese pizza, which is surprisingly strange. They may not quite be up to the standards of PF Chang's, but hey that's like comparing a Mustang to a Porsche. OK, if I mention PF Chang's again, this post is going straight downhill...

Song of the week: "Waiting For the Light to Change" by the Warren Brothers. Never heard of the Warren Brothers you say. Well, that's probably why their latest CD is titled "Well Deserved Obscurity."

In other news, a man wearing a suit of mirrors was arrested on assault today. The man apologized once he had time to sit down and reflect.

No comments: