Monday, January 31, 2005

Tax time, v-ball, etc.

What are my Super Bowl plans you ask? Simple. I have none. Why do I need to spend my money to go watch the Patsies win another Lombardi trophy? I am still numb. It's so bad, I'm getting to be one of those people who would watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials. Now that's bad. Thank God just one more month until baseball spring training begins. Anyway, I'm going to Ecclesia and there may not be many people there that night, but big deal.

I just got my tax information from both my jobs. Taxes are so aggravating. Think. The government takes a little money all through the year. Then they come to you and say, "Uh, I'm sorry. I need a whole lot more of your cash." And Social Security. That's such a joke. Shouldn't the government ask you if you want that taken out? They should say, "Would you like us to save some money for you when you get old?" "No, I want to spend the dough now." And come on, do you expect me to live to be 65? Really now. 3 car accidents, working at CPK, rooting for the Jets, hey, something's gonna get me!

It's gonna be another long year in volleyball. We changed 2 players from last season and lost our first game 15-3, 15-8, 15-9. Need I say more? This was the Patriots against the Wheaton Academy football team. I can say that because Wheaton Academy doesn't HAVE a football team! On a sidenote... My boss at the paper is now a captain of a new team and he got 2 of our former teammates. That's the game I can't wait for.

Got to go work a night shift at CPK tonight after already working today. I start at 5:30 p.m. And I'm not getting out until at least 10:30. Then I work at 11:00 A.M. the next morning. Gonna be a long night. But I had to pick up a shift tonight to get Saturday off. I'm attending a Geneva H.S. baseball coaches clinic that afternoon. Who knows, maybe I'll get a chance to coach this summer.

Music pick: "Sugar, Sugar (In My Life)" - John Fogerty

No comments: