Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Super Bowl Mets & White Sox comments

For these 2 weeks, I will back Philthydelphia. I can just wear my Pennington jersey (that's Chad, not Todd, mom!). At least there's some green there. Odds are they will lose a close one, but the bottom line is they willl lose. I think the only way they will win is if I start rooting for the Patriots. I think that's it! If I start rooting for NE, they'll never win again! They're done! It would me a painful change to make. But it would almost be worth it.

Well, the Marlins have Carlos Delgado. Of course, his geeky e-mailing agent is based out of South Florida! It's like when that NFL arbitrator who was a Redskin fan awarded Chad Morton to the Redskins over the Jets. It's funny. If Delgado had become a Met, I'd be worried about him breaking down, or just not playing well at Shea. Now that he's on a division rival, we're all thinking, "Oh, crap. He's going to kill us!" So we got Doug "Can I buy a vowel" Mientkiewicz. A guy who has one more vowel in his name that he had homeruns last year. He only hit .240 last year. And he does a good job of holiding on to the ball, if you know what I mean. God willing, we can have a game-winning World Series ball controversy with him. At least he'll play a good defensive first base for us. Now let's hope we don't revisit the Sosa trade talks.

So we have the speed. We have decent contact hitting. We have good defense, provided Matsui learns how to play second base. We need Floyd or Piazza to step up and be that RBI guy we don't have. And we need 1 or 2 more bullpen guys. They're better, but not ready to win the division yet. The Marlins are excellent. And of course, we have the rednecks in Georgia. Odds are Brian Jordan and Raul "I hate" MONDESI! will hit 50 homeruns between them. I wouldn't predict that for any other team.

While the Mets may be inching up on the Yankees, the White Sox look like they're past the Cubs already! They've gained Iguchi, Jermiane Dye, Dustin Hermanson, Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino, A.J. Pierzynski, my buddy Alex Escobar, and El Duque and dropped Magglio Ordonez (who was out for half the season anyway, Carlos Lee, Sandy Alomar, Bobby Alomar (yes, that's what I called him), and Dan Wright. Kenny Williams must have super-human powers. On the NL side, St. Louis is the biggest loser in the off-season and Houston has lost Beltran (YES!) and Kent and their starting rotation is aging and hurt, outside of Roy Oswalt. I'm expecting 2 division titles in Chicago this year.


No comments: