Monday, January 24, 2005

Thanks for the memories

I can't say I was shocked upon hearing of Johnny Carson's passing, but it was still tough to take. I never watched late night TV until 1994, so I never actually watched a Tonight Show with Johnny hosting. But I own several videotapes and boy, as a performer, I can say that guy knew how to work an audience. Great timing, great reactions, quick wit, and always playing it cool. Thanks for the laughs and memories John. We'll miss you.

And Rosemary Woods, Richard Nixon's seceretary, who supposedly erased 18 1/2 minutes of tape during the Watergate disaster, also died this weekend. And I'd really like to thank her and her bosses for giving me so many ideas for research papers when I was in school.

Quick Carson joke. "In the paper today, a woman in Michigan was arrested for exchanging sex for spaghetti dinners. You can't make this kind of stuff up. Apparently she never asked a man for money. All she wanted were spaghetti dinners. My question... Technically, wouldn't that make her a pasta-tute?

No comments: