Friday, January 07, 2005

Quick sports update

The Mets have signed utility infielder Miguel Cairo (1 year, 900K). Excellent signing. He batted .290 last year for the Yanks and had some big hits in big spots. He can play some outfield too which will bolster the depth of this team. This may be the end of Super Joe McEwing. I liked Joe, but the guy just doesn't hit and hasn't in several years.

We will know in exactly 24 hours where Carlos Beltran is NOT heading. I still say he's ending up in Houston, and if he goes, he goes. Omar and the front office did a great job, win or lose, on this guy, and as long as we make what I will call "appropriate moves in response," I can live with it. That means Magglio, Doug M., etc.

I'm posting on a Jets fansite and the topic was Herman Edwards' book "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" So, feeling the need to take a shot at our Einstein-esque offensive coordinater Paul Hackett, I wrote something down and got a lot of laughs. Since you are my peeps, and I hate to let you down, here's the quote:

"I hear Paul Hackett is writing a book on how to successfully coach an offense in the NFL. It's available on a 3x5 index card or a post-it note."

Ah, sometimes I make myself laugh...

It'll be a big night tomorrow between the Knicks against Cleveland on ABC, the Jets, and the Mets possibly getting Beltran. Let's see what happens.

No comments: