Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Buck the Fraves Buck the Fraves Buck the Fraves

I will never use foul language on this site. This is as clsoe as I will come.

Is anybody surprised? IS ANYBODY SURPRISED?!?!?!?!?!

We get swept as ALWAYS happens to this piece of crap franchise, the New York Mets. They lose 4-3 in 10 innings.

Let's start with the 9th. Diaz doubles and moves to third on a groundout. So two outs, Jose Reyes up. A little pop fly to first stooge, Larry Jones.

In comes our beloved closer Braden Looper comes in. And there is no Met fan who has supported Braden Looper more than me. He sucks.

First pitch to the second stooge, Jeff F'nc'r. BOOM! Double into left center field. One pitch! And you weren't sure how, but you knew the Mets were losing. You knew they were more done than the USFL. McCann after working to a full count pops out to left. The third stooge of the night, Ryan Langerhans, who can go make a stupid baby with Bobby Cox, kills a line drive. Double. Run scores. Tie game. Hollandsworth, who may be the one problem the Braves have on their roster along with Kolb, gets an out, and Looper strikes out Giles. Yeah, Braden great timing.

So now, one question remains. Extra innings. What the hell will happen now to get the ice prick stabbed into my neck?

In comes Chris Reitsma. Matsui grounds out, Beltran singles, Floyd walks. Jim Brower relieves Reitsma. Up comes David Wright. Nobody else would I want up there. And indeed, he singles. And Beltran doesn't score! Chris Woodward, though, gets the job done like he has all year, and singles home Mr. 119 million dollars. Immediately Ramon Castro lines into a double play. Side retired. And they should've just called the game right there and awarded it to Hick City. The Mets had the 3-2 lead, but it felt like they were losing.

And Willie leaves Looper in! After blowing the save, he leaves him in! The first stooge singles, Andy Jones gets plunked on his fat, Julio Franco, who I believe is my great, great, grand-uncle five times removed, walks. Bases loaded, nobody out. Looper does his best Al Leiter playoff impression. In comes Shingo Takatsu. And I said out loud in the office I work out, you watch. He'll get two outs and then blow it. F'n'c'r' pops out. McCann pops out. And in comes in that piece of crap Langerhans. It goes to a full count. And at this point I'm crying on the inside, b/c I didn't make any bets for money. The hanging slowball. Line drive, 2 runs score. We suck. We lose. Hicks win.

I knew it was coming. I'm just numb now. The first question I will ask God when I arrive is how could you let vile and evil demons control a great sport like baseball?

Willie deserves a lot of blame. How could he put Looper out there in the 10th. And Loop just cost himself for sure a 6 million dollar option that the Mets might've picked up for next season. He's got me begging for Mel Rojas.

Any more questions why I get so angry?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who else is responding? I thought I had exclusive rights. Anyway, it's only a game. Relax, just go to St. Louis & take care of business. By the way, Jeff Francoeur's double went to RIGHT field not left center. What have you got against Langerhans? How about Hollandsworth swinging at a 3-0 Pitch?

Anonymous said...

It's time Roberto Hernandez closes games for you. He was great in the 8th inning. Make a baby with Bobby Cox? You are over-reacting again. Stay safe buddy--good luck in your pursuit of a better job. One thing, don't apply for a job in the Mets organization.

Anonymous said...

I would have brought Padilla, Heilman, or Bell in to pitch the bottom of the 10th. Even Takatsu to start the inning. You are right--Randolph screwed up big time with sending Looper out for the 10th inning. Good job picking that up.