Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ranger cutdowns.

Well I haven't seen any games yet, but I'm surprised. The Rangers sent Jozef Balej and Nigel Dawes down to Hartford. I think these are about the two brightest young forwards on the team. Hopefully, they'll get their playing time with the Wolf Pack. I guess that's beter than them being fourth liners. But I'm looking at the 32 players left and I'm seriously wondering. Who in the Broadway Blue h-e- double hockey sticks are these guys?!

Goal:Henrik Lundqvist, Al Montoya and Kevin Weekes.

Defense:Martin Grenier, Darius Kasparaitis, Maxim Kondratiev, Bryce Lampman, Marek Malik, Thomas Pöck, Tom Poti, Dale Purinton, Michal Rozsival, Joe Rullier, Jason Strudwick and Fedor Tyutin.

Forwards:Blair Betts, Ryan Hollweg, Jarkko Immonen, Jaromir Jagr, Jamie Lundmark, Dominic Moore, Garth Murray, Ville Nieminen, Michael Nylander, Jed Ortmeyer, Petr Prucha, Steve Rucchin, Martin Rucinsky, Martin Straka, Jason Ward, Craig Weller and Chad Wiseman.

Prucha? Rullier? I mean I followed the minor leagues a bit, but come on. And now they've signed Peter Worrell! The most overweight enforcer since Tony Sirgusa! He's had personal problems for years and been a career underachiever. He'll fit right in!

Here's who I want as starters. Goal is Weekes, then Lundqvist.
Forwards

Line 1. from left to right. Straka, Nylander, Jagr.
Line 2. Rucinsky, Rucchin, Lundmark.
Line 3. Niemenen, Murray, Ortmeyer.
Line 4. Moore, Betts, Ward.

Defense

Line 1. Poti, Kasparitis
Line 2. Tyutin, Malik
Line 3. Pock, Purinton.
Tough choices here. I don't really know about this guy Roszival and Strudwick's a decent veteran. But I think Pock will probably go down so he can play more.

Just tell me this. What forward on this roster can defend a power forward? Who knows what will happen.

No comments: