Wednesday, September 07, 2005

For something other than sports...

I quit my job at California Pizza Kitchen. Two years and two days. It was a mutual decision/firing/resignation. But the bottom line is this. When I walked out through those two heavy doors and onto the sidewalk of Geneva Commons, I felt free. Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, all the bands of the 60's who sang about being free have nothing on the kind of freedom I felt at that moment.

My time ended a little more abruptly than I'd have liked. Do I have any regrets? I trusted some people I wish I had not trusted. That's about all. Nobody, and I mean nobody, worked harder, was more loyal, and was more of a team player than me. So i have few less dollars right now. It's not like my social life takes a hit. Let's see what happens from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. Here's a subject that interests many; how to buy & sell generator on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.