Friday, September 02, 2005

The deal is this

Man this is so bizarre. There's this woman who's managing at the CPK who's in her second of three weeks here. She's from Kansas City and I guess three or four years older than me. I think she seriously likes me. I've never had a manger link arms with me and walk with me around the restaurant.

We had a contest, 4 servers against 4. She and another manager basically drafted who they wanted on their team and she chose me with the first overall pick! Little things like that.

This part of my life is like a country song. The women who seem most attracted to me will qualify for Social Security within 10 years. I don't envision my wedding night like that. And this is an old theme coming back. Time and distance. I think if we'd met somewhere else, we might go out. I'm speculating, but hey, that's about all I can do. It's not like I'm about to make a move on my "boss."

I don't know, I guess I still wish I had Jen, a girl I almost dated in college. I guess she's at Mount Ida College in Newton, MA with a full time job and I hope life treats her well. It's not that I'm not over her, I am. She was just really special.

Dating is just bizarre. I wonder how many people I know are dating just so they can say they're dating. That's for the wrong reasons. If you're in love with love, the fling ain't going to last. It's as simple as that. Sometimes, I feel a little bit lonely and rejected. Don't get me wrong. But hey, I'm not going to take the first girl who comes along. I'm not going to take the quick pleasure if I know I'll probably be hurt later on. Then again, it's easy to say when you're typing the words on a keyboard and they appear on a computer screen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you give Jen a call?

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to see you writing again. Where did you hear about Faxon's knee? How about in our football picks this year, we also try to predict the regular season record for all the teams? I think that would be cool. Let me know what you think, if you read this.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get to know this lady from Kansas City & then we can get discount on all the Kansas City Steak Products.